If you crave a Caesar Salad or if you want to add a nice sparkle to your dish, we suggest this creamy dressing that tastes completely authentic! This dressing it’s perfect for a Raw Vegan Caesar Salad!
It’s made without egg yolks, anchovies and even oils, instead relying on the buttery-richness of pine nuts, the tangy zest of lemon juice, and cheesy nutritional yeast to impart loads of the traditional flavour.
Keep in mind that you can always feel free to use whatever kind of lettuce and vegetables you like!
- 1/2 heaping cup raw pine nuts (73 g)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon raw agave or honey
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until very smooth and creamy. Any blender or even a food processor would work since pine nuts are a soft nut.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30-40 minutes. It will be perfect for salads then as it gets well chilled and thickens up. You can add it over your salad blend and maybe some broccoli, pine nuts, extra black pepper and nutritional yeast on top. However, feel free to use whatever greens you like.