What can be better than drinking your own Raw Vanilla Almond Milk Smoothie? It’s natural, delicious and easy to make!
This Raw Vanilla Milk Smoothie is a delicious smoothie that can be served with fresh cherries, strawberries or on its own.
- 2 cups Raw Almond Milk (you have the recipe at the end of this article)
- 2 cups pear, chopped with peel on
- 1 cup banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- half a teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Add the almond milk, pears, banana, cherries and nutmeg to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the vanilla bean open. Scoop out the inside of the pulp from the bean and add to blender. Blend again to incorporate vanilla for another 20 seconds.
Raw Almond Milk Recipe
Homemade almond milk has a surprisingly rich, delicious flavour. This basic recipe can be used to make different types of nut milk for smoothie, soups, and sauces.
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked overnight)
- 3 cups water
- Pulp from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 4 dates (if you want a sweet almond milk)
- Soak the almonds in water for 6 to 12 hours. Blend almonds, water, dates and vanilla together in a food procesor or blender (until the rattling noise stops), approximately 2-3 minutes in a high-speed blender.
- Put a nut milk bag in a bowl and strain through the bag to separate the milk from the pulp. Take the pulp out and place the milk in a refrigerated airtight container until ready to use. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days.