Raw stuffed peppers with cashew cheese are fun to make and also very delicious! It doesn’t take too much time to prepare them and you can always play with the ingredients.
They can be stuffed with anything, from lettuce and cashew cream or some overnight soaked grains to pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
Ingredients for the raw Stuffed peppers with Cashew Cheese:
- 3 Romano/9 pimiento peppers/4 bell peppers. Choose whatever you prefer!
For the stuffing:
- 100g cashew cream cheese
- 150g (5½oz) sun-dried tomatoes
- 150g (5½oz) pine nuts
- 135g (4¾oz) pumpkin seeds, soaked for 4–6 hours
- 120g (4¼oz) sunflower seeds, soaked for 4–6 hours
- 150g (5½oz) cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
To prepare the stuffing, pulverise the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients (except the cream cheese) and pulse until well combined.
Scrape any mixture that is stuck on the side of the bowl down onto the blade, then process again. Go steady on the pulse button and once it’s a paste, there is no going back.
Halve the peppers lengthwise to resemble boats, leaving the stalks intact.
Take the seeds out.
Add the cream cashew cheese on top of the boats, spoon the filling into the peppers and there is nothing more to do rather than just enjoying them!