Fresh and healthy, this Raw Vegan Mango and Ginger Soup recipe is suitable for gluten-free and raw food dietary preferences, as it has no animal-derived products and it’s not heated up in any way.
The recipe uses two small chilis to add a kick to the soup, but if you’re not keen on spicy food you can start with half, taste test, and add some more if needed.
The ingredients, minus the cold water, are chopped in a food processor to a chunky texture and used as a vegan ceviche on top of raw crackers, or as a side salad to vegan bowls or light soups meals.
- 1 large mango, peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 to 2 small chili peppers, minced
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated or minced
How to make the Raw Vegan Spicy Mango, Ginger Soup
- Gather the ingredients.
- Process all ingredients together in a blender until smooth and creamy, adding a bit more or less water as needed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.