Made with pine nuts, garlic, basil, lemon, & olive oil, this hearty Raw Kale Pesto is loaded with superfood benefits – it’s nutrient-rich, has loads of fibre & antioxidants, and is also great for digestion.
Kale is the ultimate superfood. It’s high in fibre and iron, and it’s full of vitamins A, C and K. It’s also got a ton of calcium, and it comes with cancer-fighting antioxidants.
But kale isn’t the only healthy ingredient in this recipe: Pine nuts are full of healthy fats, magnesium and manganese, meaning that they’re great for heart health.
Also, basil not only does it taste amazing, but there are also some good benefits of it that many do not know about.
If you’re looking for a natural way to boost your immune system or fight off pre-existing infections, basil may do the trick!
Basil extract has even been shown to help in inhibiting resistant strains of bacteria that are unable to respond to antibiotics.
INGREDIENTS for RAW KALE PESTO
- 3 cups raw kale
- 1 cup Basil, fresh
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts, Natural
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin (you can replace it with Avocado Oil)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a food processor, add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, pine nuts, salt, pepper, basil and kale. Blend for 1 minute and stop.
- With a spatula, scrape around the sides of the food processor. Push the ingredients down and blend again until smooth. You might have repeat this process one more to reach the right consistency.