Brighten up the color and flavour of simple chickpea hummus with subtly sweet green peas and fresh basil in this 15-minute healthy raw vegan recipe. Try this Raw Green Pea Hummus with Fresh Basil as a dip or spread onto some Raw Crackers!
INGREDIENTS for RAW GREEN PEA HUMMUS with FRESH BASIL
- 1 15-oz. chickpeas, rinsed and drained (after they’ve been soaking in water overnight)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
HOW TO MAKE RAW GREEN PEA HUMMUS WITH FRESH BASIL
- In a blender or food processor combine chickpeas, lime juice, garlic, and ⅓ cup water. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process just until nearly smooth.
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
INGREDIENTS FOR RAW CRACKERS
- 1 c. Water
- 3/4 c. Flax Seeds brown or golden
- 1/2 c. Chia Seeds
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 3 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- 3 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 3 tsp. Onion Flakes
- 3 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 3 tsp. Sea Salt
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAW CRACKERS:
- Mix together flax seeds, chia seeds, water, and your seasonings.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Spread your mixture on parchment paper or a sheet as thin as you can without creating holes. If you like uniform crackers, you can score them before putting them into the dehydrator. You can also just break them apart when they are done drying.
- Dehydrate at 105ºF for 8 hours or until dry. You can flip them at around 5 hours and if the center isn’t drying quickly enough, I snap off the edges allowing the center to dry faster.
Flax seeds are a great source of plant-based protein, and there’s growing interest in flaxseed protein and its health benefits.
You can now enjoy your crackers with your delicious hummus!