You will be able to enjoy your Cashew Cheese Cream or Avocado Paste even more after you will try making Raw Flax Seed Crackers. They are delicious, nutritious and easy to make!
Ingredients for Raw Flax Seed Crackers:
- 1 c. Water
- 3/4 c. Flax Seeds brown or golden
- 1/2 c. Chia Seeds
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 3 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- 3 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 3 tsp. Onion Flakes
- 3 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 3 tsp. Sea Salt
- Mix together flax seeds, chia seeds, water, and your seasonings.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Spread your mixture on parchment paper or a sheet as thin as you can without creating holes. If you like uniform crackers, you can score them before putting them into the dehydrator. You can also just break them apart when they are done drying.
- Dehydrate at 105ºF for 8 hours or until dry. I like to flip mine at around 5 hours and if I find the center isn’t drying quickly enough, I snap off the edges allowing the center to dry faster.
Flax seeds are a great source of plant-based protein, and there’s growing interest in flaxseed protein and its health benefits.
You can now enjoy your crackers with Avocado Paste, Cashew Cheese, Hummus or even Almond Butter!