This Raw Chia Strawberry Pudding can be served as breakfast or dessert.
The chia seeds soak up the liquid to create a thick delicious pudding with the nice taste of cacao. In this recipe, Carob powder is a good substitute for the cacao. You can also leave out the cacao for a simple strawberry pudding.
Cacao, a nut that grows on the tropical cacao tree, is one of the most nutritious foods on earth, containing more antioxidants that any other food. It contains high levels of nutrients that promote blissful and feel-good neurotransmitters, such as anandamide, serotonin, and dopamine.
Chia seeds are also very nutritious. They are rich in the omega-3 fats, fibre, antioxidants, protein, and minerals. They are similar to flaxseed because they are gelatinous and can be used as a thickener in recipes such as puddings, shakes, sauces, and porridges.
INGREDIENTS FOR RAW CHIA STRAWBERRY PUDDING
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
You can replace the almond milk with water or young coconut water.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the Almond Milk and the chia seeds and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Stir every few minutes to ensure the chia seeds are soaking up the liquid.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours to allow the chia seeds to continue to absorb the Almond Milk.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the agave, cacao, and vanilla. Pour the pudding into small serving dishes and garnish with strawberry slices.