Raw cashew cheese with spinach, a creamy, smooth and delicious appetiser. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and it’s ready in just few minutes!
Ingredients for raw cashew cheese:
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews (300 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped Spinach
- ¾ cups water (200 ml)
- ½ cups nutritional yeast (8 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1–2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- The day after, drain and rinse.
- Incorporate the cashews and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined. Add more or less salt to taste.
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Feel free to add other herbs and spices if you’d like your cheese to be tastier.
You can also add basil, red pepper, or lime instead of lemon.
If you want the cashew cheese to be creamier, you can also add some coconut butter or an oil at your choice!
About cashew cheese:
- Aside from being super delicious, plant-based cashew cheese is rich with Vitamin B, Calcium, Protein and fibre. It has more vitamins and minerals than dairy.
- When cashes are soaked, the enzymes are neutralised so our bodies digest them better. All you have to do is get raw, unsalted cashews, put them in a container and fill the container up with water.