If you crave some good pesto, here is the best and easiest recipe for a Raw Avocado Basil Pesto!
Avocados are the best idea for a creamy basil pasta sauce and nothing compares to it! Whip up this Raw Avocado Basil Pesto and toss your favorite noodles in.
You will love how quickly this recipe comes together. Pour this pesto over kelp noodles or noodles made out of zucchini.
If you do decide to use kelp noodles, just make sure to let them marinate in the pesto for a few minutes to soften them up. The longer you let your kelp noodles sit in the pesto, the softer they will get. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 packages of kelp noodles
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Place the noodles in a colander and rinse with water.
- Blend all ingredients for the avocado basil pesto to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Add kelp noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado basil pesto and chopped tomatoes. Allow kelp noodles to «marinate» in the avocado basil pesto for a few minutes, this will soften up the noodles.