If you want to have a delicious and nutritious breakfast, this is the recipe for you! A Raw Apple Pie Oatmeal – tasty enough to be a dessert for when you wake up and want to start your day in a good way.
You will get a wonderful fusion of apple pie flavour and texture combined with the nutritional benefits of the rich raw rolled oats, fresh juicy apple, and creamy protein rich almond milk.
You can even place it in the dehydrator for 30 minutes or place in a sauce pan over low heat to gentle warm up and really soften the oats and apple.
This will also help mix the flavours and spices together!
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Big pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup raw rolled oat flakes OR old-fashioned rolled oats
- Additional almond milk, for serving (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oats and the optional additional almond milk, in a medium bowl.
- Add the oats and stir thoroughly to combine. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the oats to soak up the liquid. If you have particularly thirsty oats, you can add more liquid.
- You can replace the almond milk with other liquid that you prefer.
- The apple juice can be replaced with water mixed with honey or agave nectar.
- Serve cold, or warm in a dehydrator for 30 minutes or in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat before serving.
- Top with a splash of additional almond milk before serving, if desired.
- You can also add almond butter or other fruits that you may desire!
Soak 1 cup raw oat groats in filtered water for 12 to 24 hours. Rinse and drain the groats and transfer them to a food processor. Add all ingredients (omitting the oat flakes and reducing the almond milk to 1/4 cup) except the apple, and process until smooth. Add the apple and pulse 2 to 3 times to incorporate. Serve cold, or warm in a dehydrator for 30 minutes or in a small saucepan on the stove over very low heat before serving.