Cranberry juice is packed with nutrients which improve sexual health!

Due to the very sour taste, cranberries are not usually eaten raw but rather in juices, smoothies, candied or dehydrated versions. Drink two glasses of cranberry juice everyday and you will see how this magic potion improves your sexual health!

Cranberry juice is famous mainly for its beneficial effects in treating problems with the urinary tract, but it has many other benefits, more or less known.

What are benefits of cranberry juice and how does it improve sexual health?

1. Controls urinary tract infections (UTIs) and improves sexual health

The most popular use of cranberry juice is to treat urinary tract infections. A study cited by WebMD found that cranberry juice acts against bacteria that cause urinary tract infections in just 8 hours.

Cystitis is one of the diseases that is treated with the help of cranberry drinks. This is why cranberries are beneficial, especially for women.

Cranberry juice may be just as beneficial to male urinary tract health as it is for women. A study showed that cranberry juice may not only improved urinary tract health but reduced PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) levels. 

2. Stimulates heart health

The consumption of cranberry juice can dilate blood vessels in the body, thus lowering blood pressure or hypertension. 

If you are looking for a heart-healthy diet, don’t forget to add a glass of cranberry juice to your daily diet!

3. Improves dental health and hygiene

Cranberry juice creates a protective layer on the teeth. This protective film prevents the bacteria that cause cavities from attaching to the surface of the teeth.

4. Prevents calcification and kidney infection

People used cranberry juice a traditional remedy for decades to treat UTI and kidney disease. The active ingredients in cranberries can inhibit the adhesion of pathogens.

A 2003 study of a sample of healthy men found a positive effect on cranberry juice consumption. Men who consumed about 500 ml of cranberry juice a day in the study had low oxalate excretion.

Oxalate ions interact with calcium and form calcium oxalate kidney stones.

5. Attenuates liver disease

A daily dose of cranberry extract can improve blood cholesterol levels and lipid profile in humans. 

6. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties

Research has found that the intake of low-calorie cranberry juice reduces the biomarkers of inflammation.

Research shows that people who consume cranberries have lower C-reactive protein levels, a blood marker of inflammation, a known trigger of premature ageing, chronic illness, and cognitive decline.

cranberry juice improves sexual health

The nutritional values ​​of cranberries

Fresh cranberries contain about 90% water, and the remaining 10% is fibre and carbohydrates.

Below, we can see the primary nutrients from 100 grams of raw and unsweetened cranberries:

  • Calories: 46
  • Protein: 0.4 g
  • Water: 87%
  • Carbohydrates: 12.2 g
  • Fiber: 4.6 g
  • Sugar: 4 g
  • Fats: 0.1 g

In addition, cranberries are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C.

Also known as ascorbic acid; vitamin C is essential for the health of the skin, muscles and bones.

These magic little fruits also contain vitamins E and K1. Vitamin E is an essential fat-soluble vitamin with an antioxidant role, and vitamin K1.

A good way of obtaining the benefits from these fruits is to make the juice at home, as the commercially produced cranberry juice is high in added sugar.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like